Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Fries, The secret recipe!

Go down

Home Fries, The secret recipe! Empty Home Fries, The secret recipe!

Post by Admin Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:39 pm

There are a couple of styles of homefries that I like. I know, everyone everywhere has their favorites, but these are mine. One is the Greek diner style which is a sort of plain style found in most greek diners. There are variations of this no matter which diner you choose, but most Greek diners offer basically the same style. Then there is Country Rustic Home style (my favorite), and finally there is spicey firehouse style. I'll start with Greek diner style because that is a base style from which we can work off of.

Greek Diner Style Homefries:
Home Fries, The secret recipe! Homefries426thumbjn5

Peel and skin potatoes and chop into a variety of inch or inch and a half size shapes.
Par boil them for approximately 7 or 8 minutes in a pot full of boiling water with (and here's the secret) some chopped onions with a couple of pieces of garlic (yes, cook them with in with the boiling potatos), drain and rinse immediately (to cool/shock) with cold water.

Fry it all in an a pan with a combination of vegetable oil and butter. Salt to taste.

Top with chopped scallions.

Country Rustic Style Homefries:
Home Fries, The secret recipe! Tm1e18ovenfriesonionsesf4
Home Fries, The secret recipe! Tm1e18ovenfriesonionsesf4.f1a8ebeccd
Do NOT peel the potatos. Wash them
and chop them into quarters (not smaller). Par boil them in hot boiling
water with some chopped onions and a couple of peices of garlic (the secret) for 7
or 8 minutes. Drain them and immediately rinse them (to cool/shock)
with cold water.

Fry them all in a pan with a combination of
vegetable oil and butter. Salt to taste. Take a spatula (while they are
frying) and chop them into bite sized pieces. This creates little scrap
pieces of skin and potato that will drop to the bottom of the pan and
they will cook and turn into delicious little crunchy bits.

Top with chopped scallions.

Spicey Firehouse Homefries:

Do NOT peel the potatos. Wash them and chop them into small little cubes, as well as a small bit of garlic and some onions. Place them directly into a frying pan with oil and butter and spice the potatos with chili powder, salt, pepper, and a small bit of italian spices (oregano, basil, rosemary). Cook on medium heat till done.
Admin
Admin
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Swamp-Ass
Swamp-Ass Master:
Home Fries, The secret recipe! Left_bar_bleue40/50Home Fries, The secret recipe! Empty_bar_bleue  (40/50)

http://swamp-ass.com

Back to top Go down